Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M66 L Ha/R-G-B

MikeD

Hi All.

I decided to go for some colour for my M66 shot despite the bright moon being so close to my target.

The result was a nightmare to process so the colour has been clipped somewhat to hide the mess.

12 @ 1.5 min's bin x 2 for the RGB and 12 @ 5 min's bin x 2 for the Ha.

the Ha was added to the red as a lighten layer.

I will probably do the RGB again on a darker night, but I could see stars so went for it anyway.

Mike.

post-13376-133877364776_thumb.jpg

Cheers all for the kind comments.;)

Rob the setup used was:

My HX916 CCD imaging through the Skywatcher 10" f4.8 newt.

A toucam pro II(sc1) attached to my 80Ed guiding a (Conrad/ Rajiva modded) EQ6.

Mike.

Looks great Mike I have to grab myself a ccd camera I hope you don't mind I ran 2 duplicate layers the first layer I changed to soft light the the 2nd layer to luminosity then flatten the layers did this 3 times to bring out more color in the Galaxy let me know what you think ?

Les

post-15556-133877364899_thumb.jpg

Seeing stars is always a good start to any session these days! I really like this and you have captured some nice subtle colour. As much as I really like my OSC there are times when I'd love to have a mono simply for getting the best possible capture of the luminance/Ha channel. I know you can capture Ha with an OSC I've done it but a mono makes all the difference for narrowband captures.

A great result, Mike!

Interesting technique Les!

What order do you do the new layers?

If the bottom layer is background, which layer is directly above that?

Cheers

EDIT: Just done a test and the soft light is above the back ground, and then the luminosity is above the soft light ;)

Thanks again guys for the very kind feedback.:hello2:

Les, to be honest I was a little concerned that i had pushed the saturation of my edit a little too far, nice technique but IMHO the result in this case makes the image look too false (for my taste).;)

Thanks for taking the time out to have a play though.:rolleyes:

Mike.

Another beauty Mike. I think the colour is spot on in the first image. The technique (Gabany) used by Les is a good one though, and is nice for a couple of iterations, really helps bring out colour from a flat looking image, without the problems of boosting saturation.

Archived