Narrowband

Orion, The running man and Trapezium in HaRGB

emyliano2000

For the last clear night of 2022 I thought I should do a target I haven't visited for a very long time, the Orion nebula.

I was very curious what I could achieve from a single imaging session. I can do 6 hours start to finish on Orion but the East is not great at low altitudes so I started when the target got to around 25 degrees in altitude and finished when it was at 15 degrees altitude in the West. The west is much better for light pollution so I can go lower with the narrowband filters.

Trapezium was processed separately. I never thought the platesolver can solve 4 stars in the trapezium when using the small, modest TS65Q. 

Full resolution and technical details on astrobin: 
Orion and the Running man: https://www.astrobin.com/rzl06n/
Trapezium: https://www.astrobin.com/ecyku9/

Emil

Orion-and-Running-man-HaLRGB-(reduced).thumb.png.ba8539dafa3651e8c01f470b1e00ddfb.png

Orion_and_Running_man_HaLRGB_reduced_2_Annotated.thumb.png.d87810e31c9c0d46d67e4f3092f14914.png

Trapezium.thumb.png.f37534ae9689a152c11999b6af4384af.png

Trapezium_Annotated.thumb.png.bacf054eb0f2e9a8998f704fa796b30b.png

• Like 9

This is a wonderful image Emil.  I like the fact that the full view image hasn't had the glow of the trapezium completely eliminated.  The saturation is probably quite high for some but that is purely a matter of personal taste.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MartinB said:

This is a wonderful image Emil.  I like the fact that the full view image hasn't had the glow of the trapezium completely eliminated.  The saturation is probably quite high for some but that is purely a matter of personal taste.

Thank you Martin. To be honest, I had it with no glow at the beginning but I thought it looks a bit weird so I went back and left some of it to make it a bit more realistic but at the same time still show the trapezium cluster. As for the saturation, I do indeed tend to add a bit too much in my photos 😁

Emil