Narrowband

Newbies scope

Hi everybody..just a quick.." how i got here"..

Well..been wanting to get into a bit stargazing ever since i was a young boy and my parents bought me a small scope for Xmas one year..few weeks looking at the moon and sadly the scope broke and it left me always wanting another..fast forward to now..56 years old..decided to buy a meade 4504 with autostar  advertised by as all good just needing a bit cosmetic tlc...oh well me knowing nothing about them traveled 2 hours to buy it got home and then on inspection relised it was junk..mirrors shot..drive system terrible in short..it was a mess..so now i am a fairway into sorting it out..new mirrors..autostar working swapped the crap .9 eyepiece holder for the 1.25..so its still work in progress now looking for eyepieces and advice..lots of advice..thank you in advance 

Advice on what? Plenty advice is already posted here daily. Since you managed to restore this junk to working order, (marking you out as more skilled than many of the people posting here) you shouldn't have any trouble selecting some 1.25" eyepieces.

It's a f8 Specifications - Meade 4504 Instruction Manual [Page 37] | ManualsLib

so a set of  budget Plossl eyepieces should do the job. e.g. 32mm, 25mm, 12mm, 8mm and a x2 Barlow