ext 125 oldie indeed

So found this on gumtree bought it as it's in mint condition and was thinking defork and use on an eq but then set up last night had some nice views off the moon and Jupiter so may just leave it on the goto mount .only one problem is trying to find  the correct power jack for a portable 12 v charger ,have the usual power tanks but don't have the right jack pinn .any ideas ? I go onto meade site and it's a bit expensive and not in stock .I have 2 power tanks but need lead to connect it too the goto

IMG_20221231_112319.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, knobby said:

My HEM27 annoyingly uses 5.5 X 2.5 when all my leads are 2.1

Bought one of these and leave it on the mount.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192948513379?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=J1Wn6_hyTkS&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=lYgy7GeFSw6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Thanks will order that ..seen a cable on fleabay but coming from China .

According to Meade UK ETX models before 2014, as yours almost certainly is, use a 2.5mm power jack and according to the FAQ on Weasner's ETX site it's centre positive. The  Tech Tips power supplies section confirms it's 2.5mm and may also contain some tips for you.

If you can solder It's probably easiest to buy an extension cable or similar like these and replace one end with what your power tank uses. As 2.1mm connectors and cables are more common an adapter like this plugged into your scope may help too.

Alan

Edit: since starting this I see others have beaten me to it. 😊

Edited by symmetal
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, davehowat said:

So found this on gumtree bought it as it's in mint condition and was thinking defork and use on an eq but then set up last night had some nice views off the moon and Jupiter so may just leave it on the goto mount .only one problem is trying to find  the correct power jack for a portable 12 v charger ,have the usual power tanks but don't have the right jack pinn .any ideas ? I go onto meade site and it's a bit expensive and not in stock .I have 2 power tanks but need lead to connect it too the goto

IMG_20221231_112319.jpg

Hi, you have got a beautiful 'scope there. On the issue of power cables, just ask FLO, they sell a lot of accessories and other bits n bobs, so i'm sure they'll have a solution for you. If they don't stock what you need, i'm sure they'll advise you about where to go to get what you need. best of luck, and enjoy, those 'scopes are beautiful impo! 

Wes.