Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Not equipment help but online shop help

Has anyone ever heard of Astrostore.eu in Latvia? I found them online and they seem to be legit, but I want to be 100% before completing the purchase as they don't do online credit card payments or PayPal and thus no real payment protection. Much easier with PayPal as verified company etc, they seem legit, but has anyone on here ever dealt with them or purchased from them in the past? Revolut even warned me against transferring the payment for a SW 130PDS and I am now a bit unsure, never had online payment doubts before today, very helpful people on site and more than eager to make sale, but is it legit? I will only agree if someone else has bought from them in past in Latvia itself or elsewhere, their paperwork all looks good, but come on, easy to put na invoice together and register  company name and number, but there does seem to be a physical shop in Riga on Google, but again, just Revolut warning against payment and I wonder if it's being overly cautious. Anyone bought from them before? Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Dedanann said:

Has anyone ever heard of Astrostore.eu in Latvia? I found them online and they seem to be legit, but I want to be 100% before completing the purchase as they don't do online credit card payments or PayPal and thus no real payment protection. Much easier with PayPal as verified company etc, they seem legit, but has anyone on here ever dealt with them or purchased from them in the past? Revolut even warned me against transferring the payment for a SW 130PDS and I am now a bit unsure, never had online payment doubts before today, very helpful people on site and more than eager to make sale, but is it legit? I will only agree if someone else has bought from them in past in Latvia itself or elsewhere, their paperwork all looks good, but come on, easy to put na invoice together and register  company name and number, but there does seem to be a physical shop in Riga on Google, but again, just Revolut warning against payment and I wonder if it's being overly cautious. Anyone bought from them before? Thanks. 

I cannot find any website that trades as astrostore.eu - have you got the correct name? The domain name is registered, but registration has expired (there is a grace period before it becomes available again for the owner to renew). It may well be that you have seen a parking pages with adverts - certainly I get a DNS error when trying to go the website. There is an astroshop.eu which is trustworthy. The domain name as only been registered for a year - details below from https://whois.domaintools.com/astrostore.eu

image.png.eb75fdd02b2a30309ae54c6dd24548e2.png 

• Like 1

I did make a mistake with the shop name. www.starstore.eu ...

I cancelled the order as I have no buyer protection even if it is a legit supplier, so, that was that really. If credit card was accepted properly, via a reputable gateway such as worldpay or stripe or PayPal, yup, I'd make the purchase, but not as is 

Have a look at this site: https://www.teleskooppi.fi/

Looks familiar? I believe its the same company but with a different name, operating from Lativa (one linked marketed for Finnish customers). I have ordered from this place and got what i ordered, eventually. Items were marked as "in stock" and delivery should have been in a few days, but it took several weeks in the end which was annoying as i would have never ordered if i knew it would take so long. I was only notified of the lengthened delivery times when i asked them whats the holdup with the stuff i paid for.

So it looks like a legit shop, but not one i would ever deal with again (or recommend others to).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ONIKKINEN said:

Have a look at this site: https://www.teleskooppi.fi/

Looks familiar? I believe its the same company but with a different name, operating from Lativa (one linked marketed for Finnish customers). I have ordered from this place and got what i ordered, eventually. Items were marked as "in stock" and delivery should have been in a few days, but it took several weeks in the end which was annoying as i would have never ordered if i knew it would take so long. I was only notified of the lengthened delivery times when i asked them whats the holdup with the stuff i paid for.

So it looks like a legit shop, but not one i would ever deal with again (or recommend others to).

Coolio, that makes sense as I did see the .fi domain too, synd att dem inte skickar utomlands ifrån den svenska affären jag hittade: astrosweden.se 

Min fru är svensk, so, I speak Swedish ju 😄

But, them's the draws as they say 🙄