Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

what is causing this ?

630072716_Lextreme300sec(Large).thumb.jpeg.718cb25aa66d10036f6ba6717178f569.jpeg1376176524_3secexposure(Large).thumb.jpeg.f836c28d6d5f783aa667108764c0b1a2.jpeg1045370597_UVIRcut300sec(Large).thumb.jpeg.16ebc503c8a6d16f78c70668fb19b8bc.jpegHi please can anyone advise on this issue with my new Poseidon C Pro camera.

I have a bright band across the top of my images.

I have tried different targets and different filters and even swapped the filter drawer for a different one.

I am using the gain of 126 on the camera as recommended offset not touched.

scope has been used for the last 8 months with a zwo 533 and a canon 60d modified with no strange bands visible on any images.

the only thing new is the camera.

please see attached images from this evening .

you can even see it although not as bad on the 3 second image .

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by ninjageezer
  • Like 1

• ninjageezer changed the title to what is causing this ?

It looks very similar to my uncooled 183mm amp glow. You'll know if you try a longer exposure and it amplifies or gets larger. Or take a long exposure dark. 

Rotate the camera 90 degrees, does it move the same 90 degrees or stay where it is?

I suspect this is a camera which isn't supposed to do this, could be something else.

• Like 1

Looks like amp glow creeping in from the top, i dont think it should be there with the Poseidon-C as the camera (this model and all IMX571 models) are advertised as amp-glow free. There can be a little bit of a glow with some models of IMX571 (like RisingCam) but yours looks much stronger than i have ever seen.

This might be a case where you need to contact the seller/manufacturer and ask them whats up with that. If you take a darkframe, is it also visible? Should be, but there really shouldn't be any kind of visible pattern in any corner of the image with the 571 chips even in the longest possible exposures of 3600s.

• Like 1

no amp glow whatsoever even on a 5 min dark frame...its only on lights...

I see over on the cloudy nights forum there seems to be a few having the same issue and player one are now aware of this. Hopefully its a software fix.

Edited by ninjageezer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ninjageezer said:

no amp glow whatsoever even on a 5 min dark frame...its only on lights...

So is that with a dark taken with camera still on the rig ?

To eliminate some possibilities I think you also need to take a longish exposure and then rotate the camera , say approximately 90 degrees, and take the same image again. Also, take two images of same target of vastly different exposures (say 2 mins and 10 mins).
I would also upload the actual images rather than a screenshot as people can then inspect them, sometimes comparing auto-stretched images can be very deceiving without knowing how each of them have been stretched.

Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Agree, good looking dark, can you upload a light frame as well, I do not profess to be any expert by any means but would like a look and you never know somebody with greater knowledge may also be able to contribute.

Steve

sorry ive deleted all the frames from last night as they was of no use..

this may help though.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/850937-player-one-poseidon-camera/?p=12377817

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

player one released new driver that hopefully has cured this.....waiting for some clear skies to test.

first light last week with the old driver , 4 hours 92% moon L Extreme . not bad considering the moon was very close to this target.

the images ive seen so far with the camera are very clean and almost noise free.

Horsehead F.jpg