M42 2.0

Rodd

I determined that the terrible star issues I was having with this image were due to problems with alignment.  For some reason, subs were not registering.  When I blinked the registered subs, the stars jumped around like crazy.  I reregistered making sure all subs aligned properly.  Sure enough, the star issues were gone.  I also tried Blur exterminator for the first time to fix issues like coma and tilt and other things it is supposed to be good for.  I spent all day trying to reprocess the non stellar portion of this image and just could not do it. So I removed the stars from the original and replaced them with the repaired stars using Star exterminator.   But first, I used blur Exterminator to sharpen the image.  I know it works better on linear images, but it seemed to do a respectable job on the stretched version.  I did it to the starless image  before adding the stars, which is supposed to help.  Some might think I overdid the sharpening.  But Not by much.

FSQ 106 with .6x reducer and ASI 1600.  About 9 hours, 3.5 of which were Ha (I only used a little in the background)

ZFinalalt.thumb.jpg.bbcf235914d15754d8da0d326d62b169.jpg

• Like 9