Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

[SOLVED] EQ2 Mount not rotating via control cable

Hi, I am just starting out and can't work out if the thread isnt making contact with the cog or if I am missing the bigger picture.. I did read the instructions and thought everything was working then found this, the only that won't turn.. Hoping it's not something that is broken as I havent even looked in the sky with it yet.

Would really appreciate someone who has any knowledge to let me know if there is something I am doing wrong

Thank you.

Edited by watchoutforthatduck

According to your excellent video, the cable operated worm and the engaged wormwheel appear to be working properly.  What is not happening is that the wormwheel is not moving the shaft that it is fitted to.  I suspect that there is a knob or somesuch in this area that locks the wormwheel on to the shaft and thereby turning the mount.   🙂

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I've tried moving other nearby screws, pretty sure I moved them all at this point, so unless it's known by someone else I don't think I'm able to figure it out, spent a good couple of hours setting up and reading the manual but my brain is now fried.. I need a drink.

Edited by watchoutforthatduck
  • Like 1

Just had another look at the video and I might have suffered an optical illusion as at a closer inspection it now appears that the wormwheel might not be turning.  If this is the case, then the worm is not engaging.  The worm would have to be way out of adjustment for it not to engage as the pitch is quite coarse, can you rotate the mount without operating the cable and see if the wormwheel turns freely past the worm?    🙂

• Thanks 1

I'm watching your video more than anything this Christmas day!  😀.  The bracket that holds the worm is connected by the two large hexagon screws underneath it, if these are slackened the bracket carrying the worm can be pushed closer to the wormwheel allowing the worm to engage with the wormwheel.  The problem has to be the result of one of these issues.    

• Haha 1

• watchoutforthatduck changed the title to [SOLVED] EQ2 Mount not rotating via control cable