SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

StellaLyra f/4 reflector

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the StellaLyra f/4 reflectors?

Currently I'm imaging with a 130PDS and an ASI2600 and wanted a bit more resolution on small galaxies and other DSOs.  It looks like a 10" f/4 paired with that camera would give me 0.76" a pixel resolution which seems to be around the limit before it would need binning so I was thinking of that being my 2nd telescope.   I haven't completely discounted other possibilities but given I'm happy with the reflector I've got I'm definitely biased towards a bigger and faster version of what I know...

On the 130PDS I use a TS 1.0x GPU Superflat 4-element 2" Coma Corrector.  Is that likely to be transferable directly to the StellaLyra?  It moves the focus position out by 20mm which is a boon for the 130PDS as it keeps the focus tube out the way but is it likely to cause focuser problems on the StellaLyra?  It would be nice to be able to transfer the whole imaging train between the two intact.

I've got a EQ6-R which claims to handle 20kg imaging so it looks like it should handle the 10" at around 15kg plus other stuff. Is it too much?  Too much of a wind sail?  There's no observatory but the garden is reasonably sheltered.

Any bits it needs out of the box, like an aperture mask?  Would the EQ6 need a pier extension, extra counter weights or anything like that (it's just on the tripod it came with at the moment)?

Thanks for reading, any thoughts appreciated!

Stefan

3 hours ago, Deadlake said:

Why don't you look at the TS ONTC range, they have different mounting positions for the secondary if you want to use a GPU or corrector/converter.

Yup but that's over three times the price of the StellaLyra and it looks like it would be imported from Germany too.  I guess I was curious if people have had success with the StellaLyra f/4s or not as on the face of it they seems pretty cheap.

• Like 1