Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Attach QHY163M to ZWO EFW

I recently bought a QHY163M and got gifted a ZWO EFW V2 36mm filter wheel from a friend. I'm not sure about options of mounting the camera to the filter wheel. The EFW has two different screw mounting points, but don't line up with the screws on the camera.

The filter wheel did come with some adapters that do manage to mount the camera by attaching a nosepiece, but i'm a little concered that the sensor chip will be too far away from from the filters and maybe get some vingnetting. I've also seen people seen attach the camera directly to the filter wheel, but not sure if it's possible in this case.

IMG_2227.HEIC IMG_2228.HEIC IMG_2229.HEIC IMG_2231.HEIC

There are some QHY adapters that allow removing the default adapter on the camera so these "smaller" cameras can bolt to a 36mm based QHY filter wheel. Maybe that same adapter will allow the bolting to the ZWO wheel. 

I'll dig out a link and you can decide if it'll work for you.