SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Good morning from Chelmsford.

Strongy1

3 minutes ago, Andy ES said:

Welcome, this is a great place to learn👍

Also  thanks for posting the Essex AC choices above👍

No worries. Several clubs in Essex but an unbiased opinion is that Castle Point AC is clearly the BEST😁

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NGC 1502 said:

Castle Point AC is clearly the BEST😁

Obviously! 😂😁

just out of interest, on the way to Benfleet, near Clements hall sport centre, I think there is a great square of conifers that have been planted on the bend in the road as a light pollution screen for an astronomy club, not sure if it is still used by a club??

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Andy ES said:

Obviously! 😂😁

just out of interest, on the way to Benfleet, near Clements hall sport centre, I think there is a great square of conifers that have been planted on the bend in the road as a light pollution screen for an astronomy club, not sure if it is still used by a club??

There used to be the “Astronomy Resource Centre” at a nursery on Main Road Hawkwell run by Roy Dean.  Don’t know if it still operates as a club.   (It’s not far from Clements Sports Centre)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NGC 1502 said:

There used to be the “Astronomy Resource Centre” at a nursery on Main Road Hawkwell run by Roy Dean.  Don’t know if it still operates as a club.   (It’s not far from Clements Sports Centre)

Thanks, that’s the place I was thinking about.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...