Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ioptron CEM60 connection issues

nickarp2000

I have a 2 year old CEM60 which I have only used 4 times since buying new.

Connected up over the weekend and the hand controller is displaying "Connection issue with board(s): Main Board.

After contacting Ioptron support they suggested opening the main board cover and checking the cables, which I did and all were secure.

They then suggested a firmware update: and I updated the handcrontroller and main board, but still am receiving the error.

They have now suggested I swop the short dec cable with the HC cable to establish that the vables are not the issue.

Can someone please identify the dec cable for me and also should I have updated the firmware on the DEC and the RA as well?

I am dissapointed as having only used it four times since new its displaying this error.

Thank you for any help

Nick

It may simply be that as its not been used very  much that the connectors are 'dirty' i.e. having not been handled and connected/disconnected over the two years they've built up an insulating tarnish causing connection issues.

Good luck.

9 hours ago, nickarp2000 said:

Success

I reseated the dec connectors and updated the firmware on the dec and ra axis.

Everything back to normal.

Thank you for the suggestion, at least it wasnt a complete disaster.

Merry Xmas

Nick

Good to hear you got it sorted Nick, it was probably only the cable, but you need (or it's best) to have matching firmware on the handset, main and motor boards anyway.