SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello everyone.

AstroTUFFTRUK

Hi fellow astro members.

We are a new company based in East Yorkshire, England, and we design, fabricate and hand build telescope trolley systems along with any other bespoke products.

We were not only lucky, but very honoured to be able to build Grant from FLO his very own TRUK to which he took delivery of a few days ago, and we are

very excited to read Grants review when he's had a few outings with it and gets time to post.

Many thanks for allowing us to join this wonderful forum, we look forward to reading some great threads on all aspects of astronomy as well as the incredible

DIY and fabrications side of things you all do.

Cheers from the team.

NOTE: we are not here for any marketing reasons whatsoever other than to peruse the site, take inspiration and leave great feedback on the many fabulous posts, thank you.

Edited by AstroTUFFTRUK
COC clarification.
  • Like 8

I looked at your product on the website.  Its a very well engineered product and very heavy duty.  Kudos to you for being able to make an almost custom unit with the measurements provided by the customer.  Thats a tough thing there.  

24 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Welcome to SGL<
An utter pleasure to see another UK Manufacturer working away.

Thanks Alan, appreciate the support. We love all aspects of fabrication but the shear pride of hand building something from scratch is about as rewarding as it gets for us 👍

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

Hi 👋, a warm welcome to the lounge. I may indulge myself in one of your products and retire my sack barrow.

Haha thanks but hey, dont mend what ain't broken 😉 if your sack barrow works then spend that money on more upgrades lol theres never too many upgrades in this hobby 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chris said:

Warm welcome to SGL, less bad backs and bigger scopes getting used, sounds like a win👍

Thanks Chris, yes... since Lee designed the first one for his 16" SW goto dob we have had many enquires from people wanting a system to be able to buy a larger light bucket knowing they can actually use it easily with no fear of having to lift or dismantle etc, I know it was a  game changer for Lee as he reduced his set up and tear down to 2mins each way giving more time to observe as well as much less motivation needed to actually plan to get out there. He quite often just wheels his out for short sessions between the clouds knowing he can pack up in as quicker time👍

• Like 1

• 4 months later...