Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Apollo Remastered by Andy Saunders

tomato

I think there has already been a thread on this topic, so apologies for the repetition. My wife got me a copy of this book for my 65th birthday. Needless to say it is full of superbly detailed photos from the Apollo era, many of which I have not seen before. It should be essential reading for all of the "They never landed on the Moon" conspiracy theorists. They should take particular note of the shots of the astronauts back in the LM after their EVA. Covered in Moon grime, the fatigue, wonder and sheer elation etched on their faces is not something that can be faked, and I don't think acting talent was high on the attributes list for selecting the Right Stuff.

• Like 1

We bought a copy and had it signed by Andy when he was doing a signing at Jodrell Bank a couple of weeks ago. 

They have an exhibition of selected images on display for the next few months. It's an extra reason for going. 

• Like 2

On 26/12/2022 at 13:00, Swoop1 said:

A quick heads up- Waterstones have this in their on line sale at 50% off. IRL shops will match the on line price if you ask them.

Thanks for the heads up - I wanted to buy a copy but was hoping for a post-Christmas price reduction!  Now ordered. 👍

• Like 2

An excellent complementary book (one for your better half perhaps?) is the NASA Archives by Taschen - a lovely coffee table thing with interesting essays along with non-remastered photos. Currently 25% off at Amazon, and with a smaller version at only GBP25 due 5 January, it seems.

Edited by Hans Joakim
  • Like 1