Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Barnard 10, a mistake in Taurus.

Phillyo

We've actually had a couple of clear nights here the last few nights, albeit with a moon rising later in the evening. I decided to try and add a bunch more data over two nights of a widefield image around Barnard 10. What I had failed to notice, however, was that Mars was making it's way through that part of the sky. Much to my frustration I didn't notice until I got up the next morning and stacked the data together and saw a huge glow just off frame.

Still, it is what it is and I've learnt a valuable lesson here.

So, I've processed it as best I can (I really don't know how to process dark nebula very well at all) and I have an image I do like, just annoying to have some of it ruined by the glow from Mars.

So this is 784 x 1min exposures (13hours 4min) taken with the Risingcam IMX571 OSC camerea. L-Pro filter, Samyang 135@ F/3.5 using stop down rings. NINA for capture, Pixinsight for editing.

Any advice on how to edit this better would be very greatly appreciated. I can even upload the XSIF files (normal and Drizzle) if anyone wants to have a go.

Thanks for reading and looking, Phil.

Image21.jpg

• Like 7

On 17/12/2022 at 14:08, wimvb said:

Very nice, despite the planet's appearance. I guess you could always crop the image before processing.

Tried cropping prior to processing and gave it another go. Maybe looks a little better? Meh.

Barnard 10.jpg

• Like 1