Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What object could this be? Galaxy or planetary nebula?

dan_adi

Recently I was browsing a long-ish exposure and found an object I can't seem to find much info on it online. Maybe someone has better NED or Simbad skills than me.

I looks like a galaxy but it could be a planetary nebula. The object is in a corner of a larger picture I am working on for some time. I attached a cropped image with the object centered. Maybe when I add some RGB data, things will be a little clearer, as I only have luminance data.

Additional info:

• target coords: 16 32  54.87 +65° 45  37.4
  • target ID: WISEA J163255.05+654538.8 
  • exposure time: 81 hours
  • scope: CFF 8 inch apo
  • mount: Mesu 200
  • filter: Astrodon Luminance

crop.tiff

Edited by dan_adi

Entering the co-ordinates into Simbad comes up with a star ref: TYC 4196-1980-1 -- Star but in Aladin that appears to be the bright star to the right of the unknown object
https://simbad.cds.unistra.fr/simbad/sim-coo?Coord=16+32+54.87+%2B65+45+37.4&CooFrame=FK5&CooEpoch=2000&CooEqui=2000&CooDefinedFrames=none&Radius=2&Radius.unit=arcmin&submit=submit+query&CoordList=

The object shows up in Aladin, but isn't identified... (DSS2 screen grab from Aladin attached)

Curious!
Ivor

PS: If you can post an uncropped jpeg / resolution details it'll be possible to platesolve & annotate with the PGC galaxy catalogue etc.

aladin.jpg

Edited by Aramcheck
PS added

56 minutes ago, Aramcheck said:

Entering the co-ordinates into Simbad comes up with a star ref: TYC 4196-1980-1 -- Star but in Aladin that appears to be the bright star to the right of the unknown object
https://simbad.cds.unistra.fr/simbad/sim-coo?Coord=16+32+54.87+%2B65+45+37.4&CooFrame=FK5&CooEpoch=2000&CooEqui=2000&CooDefinedFrames=none&Radius=2&Radius.unit=arcmin&submit=submit+query&CoordList=

The object shows up in Aladin, but isn't identified... (DSS2 screen grab from Aladin attached)

Curious!
Ivor

PS: If you can post an uncropped jpeg / resolution details it'll be possible to platesolve & annotate with the PGC galaxy catalogue etc.

aladin.jpg

Sure, I have a bigger crop that solves quickly with ASTAP. The object is in the lower right corner. Fairly small and faint. The bigger the crop, the harder to locate.

crop3.png

I had a go at annotating, but couldn't identify the object - sorry! Solving with Astrometry.net gave Center co-ords as: 16h 33m 26.919s / +66° 12' 01.300" & pixel scale 0.463 arcsec/pixel. Pixinsight's AnnotateImage script then gave the following...

Hope someone else can help!
Cheers
Ivor

SGL_Annotated1.jpg

5 hours ago, Aramcheck said:

I had a go at annotating, but couldn't identify the object - sorry! Solving with Astrometry.net gave Center co-ords as: 16h 33m 26.919s / +66° 12' 01.300" & pixel scale 0.463 arcsec/pixel. Pixinsight's AnnotateImage script then gave the following...

Hope someone else can help!
Cheers
Ivor

SGL_Annotated1.jpg

I found it in GAIA 3 database search. But it doesn't say much about it. Still don't know what object it is. But from Gaia magnitudes I was able to compute the V mag using the following formula: 

V = 0.0176 + 0.00686*(Gbp - Grp) + 0.1732*(Gbp - Grp)**2 + G

As a result the object has a V mag of 21.836172970356973

https://irsa.ipac.caltech.edu/workspace/TMP_y0MTfC_11488/Gator/irsa/7912/tbview.html