SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Time for Tv Dioptrx ? What do I need to know ?

Space Hopper

Let us know how that goes as far as viewing comfort to take in the entire FOV.  I've measured the 27mm Pan to have 14mm of usable eye relief.  I have to push in so hard with eyeglasses to see the entire FOV that in the past I've scratched my eyeglass lens on the exposed eye lens retaining ring.  I was furious.  I retired mine in favor of the 30mm APM UFF.  The Pan might have a bit tighter star images on axis, but that's its only advantage over the UFF that I've found.  Back when I bought the Pan in the late 90s, I was actually shopping for a long eye relief 30mm SWA eyepiece with excellent correction, so it just took about another 20 years for a viable alternative to show up.

I've  used both glasses and Dioptrx for years. I would say a couple of things... (1) the very best views I've seen included  a Dioptrx in the optical train, it is very good quality (2) Most of the time I use glasses not the Dioptryx, due to the convenience factor, but I wouldn't part with the Dioptrx.

• Like 1