Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron's Starsense Explorer 'finder' removal to larger scope?

Hi,

Has anyone bought a cheaper version of Celestron's Starsense Explorer range and removed the 'finder' and fixed it to a larger Dob ?

Just interested as I find with my dob trying to look throught an RDF finder when near the zenith quite painfull at times. I have a raci finder scope on the dob but you need to be somewhere in the area of interest otherwise I'm panning around hoping to find what i'm looking for. Never been that good at star hopping!

2 hours ago, fwm891 said:

Hi,

Has anyone bought a cheaper version of Celestron's Starsense Explorer range and removed the 'finder' and fixed it to a larger Dob ?

Just interested as I find with my dob trying to look throught an RDF finder when near the zenith quite painfull at times. I have a raci finder scope on the dob but you need to be somewhere in the area of interest otherwise I'm panning around hoping to find what i'm looking for. Never been that good at star hopping!

There was a thread on here about people buying the LT70 just for  the starsense licence and using the adapter on other scopes. I've had a quick look but can't find it. Have a search on "starsense explorer" or "LT70". Maybe one of the contributors to that thread will be able to point you in the right direction.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. Taken the plunge and bought the smaller refractor to act as my source for the Starsense unit. Will let you know how things progress (once it arrives!).

Cheers

Edited by fwm891