SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A not very interesting fuzzy ...

661-pete

...this, low down on the Cancer/Hydra boundary. I was hoping to get a bit of structure but nothing doing not with my equipment and abilities...:rolleyes:

Especially bearing in mind I can't do longer than 3minute subs. This is 17 of them at ISO 1600.

Ah well, at least it checks out my 'stretching' efforts to the extreme, and there is something to show for it. It should be a very tightly-wound spiral with a large smooth hub and many narrow filligree arms, but I reckon it needs a Russell Croman to bring that off...

Oh, and what is it? Almost forgot: NGC 2775, mag. 10.3. Doesn't appear to have been imaged on this forum before, at least, not intentionally...

ngc277529mar09004r.jpg

Thanks for reading if you got this far...;)

Full marks for presenting it to us Pete. It's a very nice capture as well, everything looks good technically, the only thing letting it down is the target!! You'd think it would put on a bit more of a show whilst it was having it's photograph taken.

Yup, this is a very galaxy-rich area of the sky and there are lots and lots of very faint fuzzies in the field, only a few of which show up in my offering (I can count some half-dozen or so). The brightest are NGC2777 at about 11 o'clock, and NGC2773 to the right at about 2 o'clock. And note the nice little edge-on immediately above 2775, CdC gives this as PGC213577 mag. 18, for the record...

Archived