Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first M51

Mel

Well, been away for a while, not quite sure where, but I'm back with an image of M51 for you. This was taken through my WO90 with a SXVH9 and LRGB filters - 3 minutes RGB binned x2 and 5 minutes of L, times 6. Guided with the LX.

This image is the first one where I have flat fielded and I must say I am impressed with what this effort bought me.

Enjoy.

post-15119-133877364471_thumb.jpg

Well done Mel, you've combined the colour nicely. All tightly focussed. There is a reddish gradient at the top. I've seen this before when red LEDs from things like dew controllers esp with filter wheels which aren't fully sealed.

Thanks all for the kind words.

Yes, I noticed that gradient as soon as I posted, it shows up more in the reduced size jpeg for some reason. I processed the image a while back after flat fielding and might have been a bit over zealous pulling all that new data out!

I've already had a chat with RichieJ and he has given me a few pointers - I will try and remove the gradient and see what happens...

Oh, and it could be LEDs, but to be honest Mr B - it's probably LP!

ATB

Iain

Archived