Narrowband

Yet another autofocuser... will I ever stop?

Dave_D

Version 3 autofocuser... the electronics have now been on 3 different focusers over the past 5 years, now reworked to fit my low profile focuser. 

Probably could be a little (but not much) more compact, but the internals contains a 12v-5v step down board, Arduino Nano, Bluetooth module and stepper driver (the power board is on the other side of the insert). 

Only needs a single 12v power input and uses the marvellous AAF2 autofocuser code by tekkydave (as i wanted Ascom and Bluetooth control to free up a USB port). 

The bracket holding the autofocuser to the focuser body isn't quite right, just printing a new version as the main box hits the scope tube, but hey, that's the design process for you. 

Totally designed in onshape which I'm starting to REALLY like as it can do things OpenSCAD can't easily... forgot i'd had my printer using rafts so the end of the box is a bit crappy but hey ho...

DSC_0967.JPG

• Like 4