Gallery tidy-up/

ollypenrice

Rather than keep on posting a succession of star-reduced renditions (Star Xterminator-modified) ) I thought I'd go through all my main images, re-process them where appropriate and put them all in one place. My SmugMug site has, therefore, had a long-overdue tidy-up and can be seen here:  https://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/

One quirk of SmugMug is that some images suffer compression damage until seen as full screen, though most are unaffected. I'd welcome any feedback about how it feels to browse this site when you're not familiar with it.

Olly

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Rather than keep on posting a succession of star-reduced renditions (Star Xterminator-modified) ) I thought I'd go through all my main images, re-process them where appropriate and put them all in one place. My SmugMug site has, therefore, had a long-overdue tidy-up and can be seen here:  https://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/

One quirk of SmugMug is that some images suffer compression damage until seen as full screen, though most are unaffected. I'd welcome any feedback about how it feels to browse this site when you're not familiar with it.

Olly

Hi Olly. I assume you will also post them on your Astrobin page so that they become readily searchable and found by more people.

Wow Olly, I've never seen all of your images in one place, that is some body of work, and what a fantastic advert for your business! Have all of the galaxy images now had the RC tools treatment?

I suppose the dedicated AP visitor to the site would like all the technical information on the images but of course they would probably search on Astrobin for that.

2 hours ago, tomato said:

Wow Olly, I've never seen all of your images in one place, that is some body of work, and what a fantastic advert for your business! Have all of the galaxy images now had the RC tools treatment?

I suppose the dedicated AP visitor to the site would like all the technical information on the images but of course they would probably search on Astrobin for that.

Thanks. Yes, I think too much technicality can a bit of a turn-off for the general viewer so I used popular names, mostly, and there is nowhere to put photographic details anyway. As you say, the numbery stuff is on Astrobin! :D

I didn't feel the need for star reduction on a couple of the galaxy images but the majority have now been through StarX. I got to be quite quick at it after about 80 images. 🤣

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice
clarification
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Laurin Dave said:

A very nice collection of images Olly and much easier to find your way around them after your tidy-up..  I guess that explains why they were missing the last time I looked for them.  Miss the ones of your Eriba though.

Dave

Still going strong at 23!

Olly

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 16:36, ollypenrice said:

As you say, the numbery stuff is on Astrobin!

Are you able to link to the astrobin image on smugmug? That would help the AP geeks to get their info. The Smugmug site looks great and easy to navigate and once you have added names to all the images then you can rest 😉

1 minute ago, AstroMuni said:

Are you able to link to the astrobin image on smugmug? That would help the AP geeks to get their info. The Smugmug site looks great and easy to navigate and once you have added names to all the images then you can rest 😉

Yes, I'm working on the names! Unfortunately this didn't occur to me till I'd built quite a bit of the gallery. I'm not sure about links, though I guess they can be placed on the site in the form of photos.

Olly

2 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

I'm not sure about links, though I guess they can be placed on the site in the form of photos.

You could hyperlink your images to the astrobin ones perhaps? Another option is show details in a mouseover -name etc.