Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Yet another occultation video

petevasey

Lots of nice offerings on the forum - well done everybody 😀  I started out with my RC10 on the mount. Had to wait until after 2 am for clear sky, and by then Mars was getting lower.  But the seeing was bad as you can see, so I reverted to my Sharpstar 140 for the occultation.  Not exactly what I'd hoped to get - I was almost caught out with the beginning, and should have framed the exit better.  I took individual 1 second sequences, each about 25 frames, and put them together in a video editor.  Gave me a bit more flexibility (as well as a fair bit of work!), and I'll probably set up some stills.  But here is the full size video for what it's worth.

Cheers,

Peter

• Like 8

Hi, I've produced before and after stills, each one 15 frames from 25 stacked in Registax.  Mars slightly enhanced in Photohop.

Cheers,

Peter

Mars occultation stills.jpg

Edited by petevasey
Modified Moon colour
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, petevasey said:

Hi, I've produced before and after stills, each one 15 frames from 25 stacked in Registax.  Mars slightly enhanced in Photohop.

Cheers,

Peter

Mars occultation stills.jpg

Nice video and the stacked images showing nice details on Mars .

Hi guys,

Added some music,  just a bit of fun!   But some of the words seem appropriate - 'wider than a mile', 'crossing you in style', 'two drifters'.  I bet you know what's coming 😉  Oops, it's in the next post - wrong click!

Cheers,

Peter

Edited by petevasey