Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick LUNAtic mk1

vlaiv

I present to you my first 3d printed scope named Quick LUNAtic mk1 :D

scope.jpg.3925c1f32bad47b0e07da010ea66cf86.jpg
(that is DeeDee howling at the little scope)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

It features "massive" 38mm multi uncoated objective lens that came off old Russian binoculars.

business_end.jpg.4333a4e9023602f5eda03e2434cbc434.jpg

More astro dogs and unfinished obsy in the background.

Long stroke (18mm), ultra rough non rotating helical focuser. What it lacks in smoothness - it more than makes up for in backlash (about 1/6th of a turn).

focuser.jpg.245e5accf54d849ba7e0d70cf5558c15.jpg

7.5-22.5 premium zoom (branded AngelEyes) sports less than 30 degrees of AFOV at far end of focal lengths and fabulous internal reflections that contribute to "sparkly" view :D

eyepiece_end.jpg.14c8e3679b3e2cf4e07d274429edca2e.jpg

1.25" eyepiece adapter comes with two locking screws (I could not come up with anything witty for this part as it is actually quite usable as is - it even has T2 thread printed)

Everything is 3d printed except lens with its cell and eyepiece (even eyepiece cap is 3d printed as it lacked caps on both ends when I got it second hand).

• Like 7

2 hours ago, markse68 said:

Nice little scope Vlad. Your obsy looks awesome!- when are you going to finish it?

Mark

Thanks.

I have no idea when the obsy will be finished. Probably during the next year.

At the moment, I'm waiting for the guy that did my roll off roof to find time to come back and fix what the messed up :D

It does not roll all the way back, so he needs to extend guide rails about 1m or so more in order for it to move all the way back.

After that - basic construction, roof and steel pier will be done (had to switch to steel after workers botched concrete pier). Oh, yes, I also need to add quartz sand to pier to dampen that ringing, but that is easily done.

Then, I'll need to do electrical installation, door and window and some inside finishing (it is in raw state at the moment).

I won't be doing much now as it is wintertime and I'll leave it all for next spring / summer.