Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Propeller and Longhorn Nebulae (DWB 111, 119 & LBN251)

gorann

Still cloudy and more time for digging in the data archive. This was the first nebulous RGB collected I shot with the RASA 8 and ASI2600MC back in August 2020 and never got around to process as a pure RGB image. Now when I have access to starless processing (in this case using Star XTerminator) I think it turned out quite well. It is a bit odd that the rather bright Propeller Nebula is lacking in Lynds´catalogue from 1965, and was left for the 1969 catalog compiled by H. R. Dickel, H. Wendker and J. H. Bieritz called "The Cygnus X region. V. catalogue and distances of optically visible H II regions".

125 x 5 min, so just over 3 hours processed in PI and PS.

Cheers, Göran

20200817 PropellerNeb RASA Ny PS12smallSign.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 10.01.02.png

Edited by gorann
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, alan potts said:

Your work is always so nicely presented and somewhat different to most I see.

Alan

Thanks a lot Alan!

Yes, I try to find interesting objects outside of the mainstream icons, and with the light grasp of the RASA there are suddenly much more objects to chose from, including large and faint structures (although that does not apply to the present image). Stretching the images in the Aladin Sky Atlas is a great source for finding the obscure ones.

• Like 1