Narrowband

Flaming stars and tadpoles

powerlord

Forecast rubbish all week, and all of yesterday said low cloud and rubbish, but checked again at 9pm - and suddenly it had changed to reasonably clear - so popped the top off the obsy and gave these a go.

Lots of cloudy wasted subs, by around 4 hours of decent ones. EQ6r, redcat and asi2600 with L-ultimate filter. 10 min subs. stacked in APP, and processed in affinity photo.

I reckon it's come out not bad - as usual I stuck with my preferred SHOish palette. oiii was noisy after only 4 hours, so noiseXterminator to the rescue.

Down to one mount at the moment as I sent my AM5 back for a refund and will be replacing it with another EQ6r when FLO get stock again, so until then, it's one target a night :-/

flamingStarAndTadpoles.thumb.jpg.87b1ceaa50399a35ab3602ebe947a920.jpg

• Like 10

10 hours ago, scotty38 said:

Very nice but what made you bin the AM5?

It was intermittently spiking while guiding. It would be happily within 1, then every now and then, a massive spike of as much as 8. Then fine again.

Worked with flo, but we couldn't solve. I considered just getting a replacement, but decided on just going with a trusty eq6r.

• Like 1