Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ5 Pro, clearance / mount limits quesion.

Anglo

Setting up and adjusting my EQ5 Pro today I noticed that a certain combination of Dec / RA positioning might be problematic, where the Dec Motor Casing can collide with the Dec Out / RA In Cables:

Does the Goto already recognise this position and limit automatic slewing from causing damage?, same question for manual slewing or EQMOD control from Stellarium / Cartes Du Ciel?

Or do I have to somehow enter limits to stop this collision from potentially happening?

(On my Handset / Firmware version question I'm still waiting on a response from OVL)

Thanks for any help offered.

eq5-block.png

I moved my EQ5 pro all through its range of motions and I had no instances where the components collided with the cable plugs. Maybe I just can’t find the combination of RA and DEC to get this to occur. Did you buy it as an EQ5 pro or did you upgrade it with a synscan upgrade kit?

Edited by bosun21
Typo