Narrowband

SGL4 - Nearest Pub - The Moon

When I did a report on the site location for Lucksall Park for SGL4 I mentioned pubs in the area which included the nearest one in Mordiford called 'The Moon'. Unfortunately it closed shortly afterwards for refurbishment. However, it has re-opened and ready for us to visit at the end of the month. I attach an advertisement showing the details. I will pay a visit over the next week or two (well someone has to take the stress!!!) just to make sure it is okay and is selling good real ale and food.

See you in a few weeks.;)

Mark

Is that within walking distance Mark?, which would mean that the car stays put, at campsite, and a couple of pints can be enjoyed. ;).

BTW, less than three weeks now (Thurs 23d), and I will be there :rolleyes:

Dave

Dave

It is about half a mile. Unfortunately no pavements but I think there is a green verge all the way. I will check when I go for a beer etc next week.

Mark

I don't mind no pavements as long as there something soft to fall on....hic....hic ;)

Pam and I decided to have lunch at the Moon today. Real ale was Wye Valley and Spitfire - I sampled both ;). We had a hot meal - typical pub menu but home cooked not microwaved. Took a while to get it so a big group might get frustrated. However, the quality was very good.

To answer Rob's question someone had a dog in the public bar. The grass verge does not go all the way from Lucksall to the Moon. Might be okay in daylight but I would not fancy walking after dark.

Hope this helpful.

Mark

The grass verge does not go all the way from Lucksall to the Moon. Might be okay in daylight but I would not fancy walking after dark.

However, there should be no shortage of red torches....

If we walk en masse, it might be safer? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived