SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Stepper Adaptor for 4tronix Remote Focus Units

While looking for information on autofocusing I came across the "4tronic RFU":  https://shop.4tronix.co.uk/collections/astro-electronics/products/bundle-auto-focuser-focus-rfu

which seems quite a versatile product.  The 4tronix website says it can also control stepper motors by use of a £5 adapter (currently out of stock):  https://shop.4tronix.co.uk/collections/astro-electronics/products/stepper-adaptor?variant=41779684147379

As I have one telescope with a DC focus motor and another with a stepper motor so this seems to offer a way to be able to control either focuser (not both at the same time) via the same connection back to the computer.  It made me wonder whether the same 4tronix adapter might work with other astronomy DC motor controllers such as Shoestring Astronomy's FCUSB or Televue's FocusMaster?   The FocusMaster controls a DC focus motor that seems very similar to the Stargazer autofocus motor, comparison image attached.  With the Televue version the offset axis of the motor lets the user rotate the motor in its mounting bracket to allow manual focusing.  I'd be interested in members views on the 4Tronix adapter and on the Televue /Starwatcher motor similarity.

Televue and Skywatcher Focus Motors.jpg