Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Custom astrophotography planner

Lee_P

I just came across this custom astrophotography planner: https://digitalstars.wordpress.com/2019/05/05/custom-digital-editions-of-the-astrophotography-planner-now-available/

Looks pretty good. I'm wondering, has anyone ordered one and can comment on the quality? Or, what else do people use to plan their imaging targets as efficiently as possible?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lee_P said:

I just came across this custom astrophotography planner: https://digitalstars.wordpress.com/2019/05/05/custom-digital-editions-of-the-astrophotography-planner-now-available/

Looks pretty good. I'm wondering, has anyone ordered one and can comment on the quality? Or, what else do people use to plan their imaging targets as efficiently as possible?

The custom PDF would be a nice item to have, and it’s valid for three years 

• Like 1

I’ve just started planning my astrophotography as I want to be prepared as possible for the next clear night. Using freely available Python libraries I’ve written some code (bus man’s holiday I’m afraid) that allows me to plan my evening. It’s very heath robinson but does the job. It uses my lat lon position.

Below is a sample shot for tonight. If I stay in the green I don’t have to flip the mount. It also knows my horizon az/alt (hence the gaps), when the moon is above the horizon, and the radiants and timing of meteor showers. The list of items are my potential targets sorted by RA. Also, for fun, added diameter of Mars and Jupiter. 

I don’t mind sharing the code, but can’t advise on Python setups 🙂

849A461E-815D-4F56-BE59-406C546DA9A2.jpeg

Edited by cloudnine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28/11/2022 at 19:37, cadoran said:

Ooh yes please!

I might need a week or two to get round to tidying it up. I'll let you know once it is fit for human consumption. You'll likely need python3 and the ability to pip install modules, otherwise it may not work.

😃