Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars 25 Nov 2022 (UPDATED 28 Nov)

BGazing

Weather has been terrible (and I was super busy), so no astro for me for more than two weeks. Managed to grab a shot at Mars at around 45 deg height (just as it cleared the building and just before the clouds and mist rolled in). Seeing did not look terrible in the EP, but I managed to capture only one 6 min video before the thin clouds made it worthless. Captured with C8, ASI 678 at about 240FPS, 30 pct stacked (so a lot of frames). Stacking less did not yield better results.

resize 2022-11-25-2038_1-u-l-mars_exposure=3.jpg

Edited by BGazing
  • Like 15

UPDATE 28 November - Windy and very cold but any clear night now is a bonus. 20 minutes SCT cooler and than a quick shoot. Stars were twinkling fast naked eye and in FC it was difficult to focus. Dropped exposure to 3.3ms, so 300FPS with ASI 678, stacked 15K out of 100K frames (easier to process than 4perc) and...voila. Northern hood seems to have shrinked even more, shrinking fairly fast, and in the top right corner I believe is Olympus Mons.

2022-11-28-2027_7-u-l-mars_exposure=3.jpg

• Like 4

• BGazing changed the title to Mars 25 Nov 2022 (UPDATED 28 Nov)