Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is my Skywatcher mount on its way out?

Mik3

I was out last night with my Skywatcher 127 with the motorized AZ mount, and the altitude motor started to slow right down, it also sounds terrible and there's also a funny smell. I just tried it again and its really slow, its only 4 months old ;) I cant find any warranty information on the Skywatcher site, what do I do?

Its this one -

Maksutov - Skywatcher Skymax 127 SynScan AZ GOTO

Mik, contact your dealer, it is their job to look after you, not Skywatcher's importers.

IMHO, if OVL dealt direct then dealers would become little more than box-shifters, and that would not be good!

• 2 years later...

I have recently bought a NEQ6 mount (Australia). The dealer tells me it is covered by a standard 5 year warranty. I asked about a warranty card or statement and he just said all I need is the proof of purchase, although I'd love to see a Skywatcher Warranty Statement! Can anyone point in the direction of their warranty policy?

• 2 weeks later...
I was out last night with my Skywatcher 127 with the motorized AZ mount, and the altitude motor started to slow right down, it also sounds terrible and there's also a funny smell. I just tried it again and its really slow, its only 4 months old :) I cant find any warranty information on the Skywatcher site, what do I do?

Its this one -

Maksutov - Skywatcher Skymax 127 SynScan AZ GOTO

how is it powered?

if its the supplied battery case,then it might be under powered.

use a power tank

dave.

by law everything bought in the uk is covered by a years warrenty there is a debateable law that the EU passed that gives 24 months warrenty, but dont quote me on that,

contact the shop and they should sort you out with another one!

how is it powered?

if its the supplied battery case,then it might be under powered.

use a power tank

dave.

This thread is several years old, I dont know who bumped it back up. Anyway I sent it back and they replaced it.

Archived