Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter from the 18th November 2022

Nigella Bryant

Some good detail Nigella. There is a huge slant in the RGB balance towards red. making everything red colour cast. You also have split colour alignments. Its been many years since i did RGB Imaging so not really very good at aligning. But had a go at balancing the colours re aligning the colours. Just as a comparison. 

for as.png

for as.png s.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Some good detail Nigella. There is a huge slant in the RGB balance towards red. making everything red colour cast. You also have split colour alignments. Its been many years since i did RGB Imaging so not really very good at aligning. But had a go at balancing the colours re aligning the colours. Just as a comparison. 

for as.png

for as.png s.png

Thanks Neil, I saw that but didn't know how to correct it, so many thanks. 

37 minutes ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Thanks Neil, I saw that but didn't know how to correct it, so many thanks. 

Your detail is excellent. Registax can be useful for RGB Balance and rgb align. Balance is easiest as you just click auto balance. And then DO ALL far top left. Alignment is a bit trickier. It does have its own ESTIMATION which can be tried the green box that pops up can be widened, opened up bigger. placed over some misaligned area. And push estimation. You can also try visually RED up down left right I tried manually and seemed to work in the opposite direction I expected (it's been a while) But you can see when the colours are merging or splitting further apart. in which case try the opposite direction. Down instead of up for example and or left instead of right. The problem seems to be mostly the red channel. Though often the blue can do with a tweak. Unfortunately aligning Jupiter may not align the moon. often, they have to be done separate and pasted. I didnt bother with that Just put a box around it and did colour noise reduction on image analyzer. But aligning the moon on registax RGB align. is better as it reduces blur

Capture.PNG before.PNG

Capture.PNG rgb align.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Your detail is excellent. Registax can be useful for RGB Balance and rgb align. Balance is easiest as you just click auto balance. And then DO ALL far top left. Alignment is a bit trickier. It does have its own ESTIMATION which can be tried the green box that pops up can be widened, opened up bigger. placed over some misaligned area. And push estimation. You can also try visually RED up down left right I tried manually and seemed to work in the opposite direction I expected (it's been a while) But you can see when the colours are merging or splitting further apart. in which case try the opposite direction. Down instead of up for example and or left instead of right. The problem seems to be mostly the red channel. Though often the blue can do with a tweak. Unfortunately aligning Jupiter may not align the moon. often, they have to be done separate and pasted. I didnt bother with that Just put a box around it and did colour noise reduction on image analyzer. But aligning the moon on registax RGB align. is better as it reduces blur

Capture.PNG before.PNG

Capture.PNG rgb align.PNG

Thanks again Neil, much appreciated.