SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lots of dust in and around Cepheus

Zummerzet_Leveller

Here is 7hrs 20mins of data in a and around Cepheus.  Taken with the Samyang 135mm and the 2600mc.  No filters at f/2 , 300s exposures.  All atop my tuned AVX.

Processed in Siril, Starnet2, Gimp and Topaz.  Also managed to capture a couple of Leonids in the exposures and one exposure with a crazy number of satellites ☹️.  C & C Welcome.

Final_V2_Low.jpg

2022-11-20T20.42.52.png

2022-11-20T20.45.30.png

2022-11-20T20.49.35.png

• Like 19

On 23/11/2022 at 11:02, Knight of Clear Skies said:

Looks good, especially good control of the stars, but I wonder if a version with the dust stretched less aggressively would be more impactful, allowing the brighter structures to stand out.

Thanks for this and I do not disagree.  I have got another version that made some of the structures pop more but i got some nasty artefacts from the noise reduction that I didn't like (not that they would be seen clearly at the scale shown on here).  This version was an effort to not over process the noise reduction but may have resulted in the data being pushed a too much (so over processed in another way!).

On 22/11/2022 at 19:48, RichM63 said:

WOW! I like very much.

Well done. 👍

Best, Rich

Thanks for this Rich.  Love this widefield stuff with the 135mm.

Edited by Zummerzet_Leveller
Missed a word