Narrowband

Looking For Volunteers To Help Beginners

Moderators if I should not post this type of post no issue removing. I'm looking to bring the UK / EU imagers perspective to beginners through a series I call Astro Chat on my AstroVagabond channel. I understand imagers in your regions are faced with often very challenging weather conditions versus where I image in California.

As a California based imager who tracks what the UK skies are like through the Clear Outside app where Home lists sky conditions for FLO HQ, Exeter, Devon, UK I'm impressed by the quality of images that come from that part of the world.

I would like to bring tips to those beginners who may be looking to image in your region.

Another perspective I would like to bring forward is information on how one can be successful using modest kit such as DSLR / mirrorless cameras with lenses and lightweight mount. It's our view a beginner does not need to, nor should they, empty their wallets when beginning.

Anyway if anyone is interested we do the chats over Google Meet and keep the length between 25 to 50 mminutes.

Thanks,

Bill

• Like 5

On 22/11/2022 at 18:59, AstroVagabond said:

Another perspective I would like to bring forward is information on how one can be successful using modest kit such as DSLR / mirrorless cameras with lenses and lightweight mount. It's our view a beginner does not need to, nor should they, empty their wallets when beginning.

Thats a great idea. I am of the same view.

In our local astro group we have setup a little group for exactly this purpose and we have been conducting practical sessions for a while now. We started with Zoom sessions during Covid and soon  realised that beginners also need that hands on assistance and that is what we are encouraging. This way they get to see and work with different equipment and try out bits before they make a purchase. And then they get to bring their kit to the sessions where experts can assist.

• Like 2