SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars Nov 12th more careful process

neil phillips

Playing with the somewhat better data from the 12th Nov. A more careful process. trying to extract as much natural detail out of the data as I could

resample

Orion 245mm Newt. QHY462C ZWO ADC Celestron 2x Ultima Barlow. Baader UVIR Cut Filter. SW EQ5 PRO mount. 

mars 12th nov  0220ut.png 75.png s.png e.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 15

Stunning! Polar hood has a 3d feeling to it, you can almost see the cloud rising due to the shadow depth. Lovely details on the rest as well. I really wish you get good weather on opposition as you can deliver some amazing images.

4 minutes ago, Kon said:

Stunning! Polar hood has a 3d feeling to it, you can almost see the cloud rising due to the shadow depth. Lovely details on the rest as well. I really wish you get good weather on opposition as you can deliver some amazing images.

You and me too on the good weather. Appreciated Kon

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, yelsac said:

Love the detail you are able to pull out 👍 I'm struggling to even get a proper sphere with the awful conditions 🤦

The 12th was somewhat better. Recently it's been particularly bad. Under those conditions my mars shape live is also all over the place.

11 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

The cap is something else! As Kon said it's so 3D. I've never seen Mars look like this before.

Cheers Stuart. As Kon mentioned the hood seems to have shadow information that hints at height elevation. It's that I think that's giving it the 3D feel maybe ? I saw this same effect recently on my colour Clavius capture. Again, height information coming through. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Cheers Stuart. As Kon mentioned the hood seems to have shadow information that hints at height elevation. It's that I think that's giving it the 3D feel maybe ? I saw this same effect recently on my colour Clavius capture. Again, height information coming through. 

I think that's true information there and not artefacts. Zooming in, you also have what appears to be lower clouds as well, below the main cloud.  I think that's one of the best Mars I have seen this year. Scientifically an excellent polar cap capture!

24 minutes ago, Kon said:

I think that's true information there and not artefacts. Zooming in, you also have what appears to be lower clouds as well, below the main cloud.  I think that's one of the best Mars I have seen this year. Scientifically an excellent polar cap capture!

Cheers Kon yes i saw those lower clouds too.

• Like 1