Narrowband

M81/M82 Final, more subs added

jgs001

Another 2 and a half hours odd last night... I couldn't get up to 3 minutes, so just went for it at 2 minutes... I'm not going to be able to get anything further with this pair until I get guiding sorted and can start getting longer subs....

Ah well.. 168 subs, 134 x 2 minutes, 43 x 3 minutes, 63 darks, 63 flats and bias frames. Stacked in DSS and processing in PS

m81m82com610-168f.jpg

I'm really pleased with how this has come out, what do you think ?

Thanks very much everyone.

Peter, Power and a decent RCD. The Lappy I'm going to use doesn't work on battery, and under 3 hours on the battery pack just ain't enough... especially if I add an inverter so I can drive the lappy and a powered USB hub. Shouldn't be too long now though.

Thanks very much everyone.

Peter, Power and a decent RCD. The Lappy I'm going to use doesn't work on battery, and under 3 hours on the battery pack just ain't enough... especially if I add an inverter so I can drive the lappy and a powered USB hub. Shouldn't be too long now though.

Cool - I Can't wait to see your first guided images :rolleyes:

I went out to buy an extra guidecam today but ended up with something else instead :hello2:.... hopefully tonight will tell me if I made the right choice.... ;)

Peter....

According to the forecast Peter, they are heading my way...

Cheers Richie. I've got the components, eqmod setup with PHD, a loaned DSI to get me going... I've got the FTDI cable setup and tested, it needs a little work, but without safe external power I'm not going to make progress forward so haven't pressed on that one. Hopefully I should be able to get powered up in the next couple of weeks, so should be just in time to catch the end of the long nights....

Archived