SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Baader Flip Mirror 2

Interesting question and much as I have the flip mirror and a similar camera in the ASI290, my answer is I don't know, I have so many adapter rings I can't remember which came with the flip mirror 🤦‍♂️

The flip mirror is very versatile and you can move just about everything everywhere but, using my camera, you need a T2 male adapter to fit to a ZWO camera. You could use the camera nosepiece and fit a clicklock or similar to the flip mirror or in my case, I use the ZWO filter wheel on the flip mirror and a T2 male to T2 male to fit the camera to the filter wheel. Hope it helps.

What setup do you have in mind and what do you intend to image? I have a flip mirror but I only ever used it for imaging relatively faint things.  I have since found that an alternative is to use Precise GoTo.  With a little luck, this gets the image on the camera chip, especially if you are using a focal reducer.  Or try plate-solving.

My cameras screwed onto my flip mirror via a T2 adapter that came with the flip mirror assy.

Edited by Cosmic Geoff

It's the with any luck I don't have. I really struggle to polar align with a polar scope and therefore my aligning is always a little off resulying in targets being slightly off too.

I'm hoping the flip mirror will help centre targets on the sensor 🤷‍♂️