SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A crisp and clean Leo Trio

SteveL

Well, what another great night... seeing was great, transparency kind of "magic murk" again. With the hour change, I was out, set up and polar aligned well before astro dark started. I discovered that I can now laterally balance the MakNewt on the ADM side by side plate if I have my QHY8 + Nikon lens bundle on top of the ED80 on the other side of the plate... result! (Might post some wide field images from that later)

Anyway, here is my attempt at the Leo Trio. Never imaged this before, so am very happy with the way this has come out. I may have to reprocess it over the next day or two, as I havent had any sleep at all, and we all know what that can do to your post-processing ;)

OTA: Skywatcher 190 MakNewt

Guiding: ED80 + SX Lodestar + PHD

Imaging: M25C + MaximDL, 21×600s, IDAS (100 bias, 100 flats)

Stacked: DeepSkyStacker

Post Process: PSCS2

First Processed version

(Click on the image for the larger version).

20090401_leo_trio_800.jpg

Edit: Reprocessed and much better version

20090401_leo_trio_wip1_800.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are right there Steve a very clean and crisp image ,Fov is just right , what does show out very well as its been said is the very fine detail you have picked up in the Galaxies, so i guess its worth staying up late and feeling like *** for something like that ,

Oh heavens its my turn for POW and loads of quality stuff.

Rog:eek:

Great stuff. The detail in 65 and 66 in particular are outstanding and show how good the Mak-Newt is. You must be thinking about some other good galaxy pairs with that setup. The Whale and the Hockeystick, for instance...

Olly.

Archived