Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHYCFW3-S-US Filter Wheel & QHY M4/3 cameras

Has anybody with a QHY163M or QHY294M successfully paired it with the above filter wheel? What accessories are need?

I know the medium fw is recommended, but I have 31mm filters. Asking here as neither UK or Hong Kong based retailers can be bothered to reply to my inquiries.

Cheers

I have a 294 and originally the S-US and it will connect with the supplied "dovetail" connector or whatever it is called. I did buy an additional adapter that will allow a bolted connection but then I think you will need other adapters possibly. I say possibly as I changed my mind, went 36mm and bought the medium wheel anyway 🙂

Edited by scotty38

52 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

I have a 294 and originally the S-US and it will connect with the supplied "dovetail" connector or whatever it is called. I did buy an additional adapter that will allow a bolted connection but then I think you will need other adapters possibly. I say possibly as I changed my mind, went 36mm and bought the medium wheel anyway 🙂

Thanks for that.

I'd like to fit an EF adapter on the camera side of the FW, so If I'm not mistaken, i don't think there'd be enough back spacing distance to retain the standard circular dovetail. Also that thing looks prone to tilt issues to my eyes

A quick look online at the bolt spacing of the FW and the camera minus dovetail seem to tell me they differ somewhat? 

Happy to be corrected.

47 minutes ago, 8472 said:

Thanks for that.

I'd like to fit an EF adapter on the camera side of the FW, so If I'm not mistaken, i don't think there'd be enough back spacing distance to retain the standard circular dovetail. Also that thing looks prone to tilt issues to my eyes

A quick look online at the bolt spacing of the FW and the camera minus dovetail seem to tell me they differ somewhat? 

Happy to be corrected.

Not sure about the backspacing as can't quite picture what you need.

Re tilt, that's why I didn't like it and bought the adapter that "converts" the bolt spacing. I'll dig out a link. At that time there wasn't an M42 spacer pack but  I think there is now, that was the other adapter issue I recalled in my first post.

On 19/11/2022 at 17:10, scotty38 said:

Wonderful, thanks for those links.

• Like 1