Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Player one releases IMX571 cooled cameras - Poseidon-M and C

ONIKKINEN

3 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

I take it that the tilt cant be adjusted on these models?

No tilt plate in the blue ToupTek ones, not sure about the Omegon/Altair models but doesn't look like they have either.

I have a ZWO T2-T2 tilt plate on mine which consumes 13mm of additional backfocus so for some setups its no big deal. Narrower tilt plates also exist, so most setups can probably be made to work.

16 minutes ago, ONIKKINEN said:

No tilt plate in the blue ToupTek ones, not sure about the Omegon/Altair models but doesn't look like they have either.

I have a ZWO T2-T2 tilt plate on mine which consumes 13mm of additional backfocus so for some setups its no big deal. Narrower tilt plates also exist, so most setups can probably be made to work.

I’ll have enough room as I’ve 76mm backfocus, just be handy and a reduced cost if it was included. 

2 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

I’ll have enough room as I’ve 76mm backfocus, just be handy and a reduced cost if it was included. 

I asked Eddie about this, and he said there is no tilt adjuster in them, I have got the Baader tilt adjuster with my OSC, and sorted my tilt with that, but not sure I want to spend another £230 on another adjuster, the other option is to have to adjust each time I swap cameras, using my laser jig….🤔🤔 seems a bit of a pain TBH..

13 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

For someone who has never used ali express before and is finding a bit confusing, can anyone post a link to a cooled mono version of the IMX571 sensor?  What import duties need to be paid?

Many thanks

Adam.  

I know you've already been linked to AliExpress, but I bought mine from Ebay (mono ver) for £1250 and no import taxes were charged.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144142406109

Select 26mp AR glass for the mono version. I think the OSC isn't so good as the "IR glass" is like the filter that blocks H-alpha for DSLRs. Maybe it's removable though?

18 minutes ago, pipnina said:

I know you've already been linked to AliExpress, but I bought mine from Ebay (mono ver) for £1250 and no import taxes were charged.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144142406109

Select 26mp AR glass for the mono version. I think the OSC isn't so good as the "IR glass" is like the filter that blocks H-alpha for DSLRs. Maybe it's removable though?

No camera at the link….☹️

7 minutes ago, gorann said:

One thing to look out for is if they have a heated window. The Omegon veTEC571 has it but I think RisingCam does not have it, and you have to attach the ZWO dew heater like @tomato has done.

I have used my ZWO with the dew heater off, haven’t noticed any difference but good to know. 

Edited by tooth_dr

44 minutes ago, gorann said:

One thing to look out for is if they have a heated window. The Omegon veTEC571 has it but I think RisingCam does not have it, and you have to attach the ZWO dew heater like @tomato has done.

Rising Cam does have a heated window, but it is lacking in power. Cooling aggressively in warm/humid climates will overpower that and result in a dewed sensor window.

2 solutions for that, either cool down less to say -10 or -5 or even 0 if its summer, the sensor has almost no dark current so this is not an issue. Second solution is what you mentioned, the glue-on heater strip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

Do you have one of the clones?

Yes, a Risingcam OSC purchased 12 months ago from AliExpress. NINA does indeed recognise that it has a built in window heater but I suffered from fogging until I fitted the ZWO heater.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gorann said:

I just saw that OPT in San Diego are selling the ASI2600MC for 1799 USD. Maybe ZWO have adjusted their prices to be competitive, and have started in the US?

https://optcorp.com/products/zwo-asi2600-pro-usb3-0-cooled-color-astronomy-camera

Its on sale for 1799 USD on ZWOs site too. Likely just some global campaign to cash in on this time of year.

And this is of course taxless price, so an EU customer would still need to cough up at least 2100€.

On 18/11/2022 at 09:31, Stuart1971 said:

Actually the OSC is not cheaper than QHY, when you add VAT and all the import costs it will be close to 2K, QHY under £1900 for the OSC version

https://www.modernastronomy.com/shop/cameras/cooled-ccd/qhy-cooled-ccd-cameras/qhy268c-photo/

And the mono version will be approx £2300 with VAT and import cost, and the QHY version is under £2100 at modern astronomy, 

https://www.modernastronomy.com/shop/cameras/cooled-ccd/qhy-cooled-ccd-cameras/qhy268m-mono-cmos-camera/

EDIT: the mono is down to £1999 at modern astronomy now…😮😮

Edited by Stuart1971