Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

don't post a picture of a meteor on Twitter

Tomatobro

According to the BBC a scientist shared a picture of a meteor on Twitter and is now locked out of the account.

Twitters AI analysis of the picture thought it contained inappropriate material. Now if it was a Starlink trail I could understand it but not a meteor .........

• Haha 7

19 minutes ago, Tomatobro said:

Twitters AI analysis of the picture thought it contained inappropriate material.

That’s why we all need a “Stu”  (other moderators are available). 👍

never send a machine to do a man’s or woman’s work.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There's a reason why "twit" makes up most of its name...

Aside from some specialty discussion forums like this one, I dropped all social media well before COVID.  Can't say that I miss any of it.

Edited by jjohnson3803
  • Like 5

Its a bit of a nuisance for Mary though.  She does a lot of out reach for astronomy and has been binned off by twitter because of their faulty system.

You can say what you like about it but it has massive reach which for out reach is great.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jjohnson3803 said:

I dropped all social media well before COVID.  Can't say that I miss any of it.

Never used any of it.

Makes my kids scream with laughter when I say 

“I’ll email the picture to you”😁

”Dad you are sooo old!”

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

I don't bother with Twatter, it's not my thing.

I did have an account there, only used to enter a house raffle competition several years ago and lain dormant since. Was the only "social" media account I had, no FB or other mobile battery killing stuff for me thanks.  Deleted it as soon as news broke that the big twit was going to be buying it as did several friends. Is no surprise that its now lost lots of users and advertisers, I can see bankruptcy in its future or total failure of its app when the remaining workforce decide to tell him what he can do with his latest unreasonable terms of employment... 

Edited by DaveL59

Just found the news article on posting dodgy meteor videos on Twitter…. AI.. more like Artificial Stupidity… going to be a long while before such systems should ever be trusted, having a human in the loop would seem sensible. Great to hear that the outcome is happy, though it doesn’t bode well for Twitter. (Never seen the attraction of “tweeting”), certainly not worth $8/month.

Peter