Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter - First light with my new setup!

JokubasJar

Finally after a few years of pondering whether to start astrophotography, my first serious image. The last of my equipment arrived a few weeks ago, but as usual, the excitement was followed by weeks of clouds and rain. Last night it finally cleared up and I set everything up. Tested out all of my new filters except the 850nm. I am very proud of how this turned out. Seeing was 2/5, IR channel shows a lot more clarity. Near UV resolution is pretty bad but it still shows some interesting features. All three channels were 2 and a half minutes each. Cropped in PIPP, stacked in AutoStakkert 3, processed in Registax 6. I also combined the color and IR images in Winjupos for a final image. Glad to finally have an image, after so much planning and reading. Thanks to all of you on here! Yall taught me so much about imaging and equipment.

JupiterAllFinishedNov13.png

8D91DC16-739E-471E-AC91-2C7975163E6A.jpeg.5141b40993597ce499d7961e86601e01.jpeg

Edited by JokubasJar
  • Like 13

14 hours ago, geoflewis said:

Looks like its a visual fiter, so maybe why I've not seen any images from using it.

Its a very deep violet filter that has some uv in it hence its kind of nuv. Proper uv would probably have even worse resolution since the smaller the wavelength, the more atmospheric particles intercept the signal. 

• Like 1

Just now, JokubasJar said:

Its a very deep violet filter that has some uv in it hence its kind of nuv. Proper uv would probably have even worse resolution since the smaller the wavelength, the more atmospheric particles intercept the signal. 

Mabey it would be more appropriate to call it V+UV, like how some people use R+IR filters. I actually bought the w47 and ir block for Venus to get cloud images but thought I'd try it with Jupiter.

• Like 1