SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

How to image Jupiter

MarkRadice

I've just published a video on YouTube capturing a Jupiter imaging run, step by step.

Click here to watch the video: 

We set up the telescope, run through the equipment & software and then capture some imagery ready to process.

It’s worth noting that we use a high speed camera to capture thousands of frames and then use freeware to reject those blurred by the atmosphere; stack the sharp frames; and then process them to reveal high resolution details despite poor seeing.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments!

Edited by MarkRadice

• 4 weeks later...

Sequel uploaded showing the process techniques to bring out all the fine details on Jupiter - hidden in the data. 

Having recorded thousands of frames of video of Jupiter, we then use freeware (AutoStakkert) to sort through the frames, reject those blurred by the atmosphere and then stack the sharpest frames.

The stack is then passed through to Registax where we use the sharpening tool to reveal all the hidden details on the Jovian surface. 

As always, let me know if you have any questions or comments.

• Like 1