Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette and Lagoon Nebs. from Tenerife

Dave

On my recent trip to Tenerife, here are my best images.

Still need a bit of tweaking, but had to show...

The Rosette and Lagoon Nebulae.

Taken from The Parador Hotel in Tenerife.

Over 2,100 meters above sea level.

Skywatcher ED80.

Nikon D300 (Unmodded).

20x 2 minute subs each.

ISO 600.

I'm am really chuffed with these!

Now who needs a modded camera???

Dave

post-14922-133877363996_thumb.jpg

post-14922-133877364007_thumb.jpg

I would definitely recommend the location. It's the third time I have been. Really dramatic scenery during the day too. The Milky Way was stunning (with the naked eye) for both the winter sky after sunset and in the early hours for the summer sky.

And the Zodiacal light after sunset was a terrible form of light pollution...

The hotel is a bit expensive though, but they are very hospitable and do look after you. The equipment they have there gave me a few frustrating issues, but I'm hoping they will resolve those for another time, but I did manage to get my 80mm piggy-backed and tracking reliably by the middle of the week on the old 10" equatorial. The 24" Dobbo gave fantastic views. I saw delicate structure in galaxies I had only seen in images. All in all we had 6 clear nights out of the 7.

Really stunning skies. Now I'm back home and missing it all. Sigh!!!

Oh ,and we very nearly got snowed in on the morning we were leaving after a great nights observing and imaging. The weather changes very rapidly up a mountain.

I guess it depends when you go... still its a small price to pay for those bueatiful images. My Family and I climbed Mt Fugi last year, during the night it was +3 and during the day +25, 3776m. For some reason the wife refused to carry my telescope up?

Neil.

Archived