SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Clavius Hypercam 224

neil phillips

Looking at my old 12" images doing some tweaking for fun as i don't have all the Sers. Getting in the mood to get back to a bigger mount and bigger scope again.

2016 SW 12" Newtonian. Altair Hypercam 224. SW NEQ6 PRO UV IR cut. Celestron Excel. 3x Barlow

Clavius 2016 224.png 85 d.png s.png

IMG_1474.jpg 35.jpg

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Haven't messed with these particular camera captures for years. I was surprised at how much tiny detail was on the floor of Clavius. When messing with sharpening and levels. 

Cheers Kon

I can see why you are so excited to have the new larger Dob.

8 minutes ago, Kon said:

I can see why you are so excited to have the new larger Dob.

Expected ETA mount early to mid DEC ( paid for ) scope hopefully not long after. One thing i am also going to get back into is imaging Uranus. I was getting some detail around 2016

Next year its slightly higher than now. Already plus 50 degrees

57c8919b77e10_Uranusdonepng.png.8f4049f7cc8bddcaac2042d3a9722757.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

Expected ETA mount early to mid DEC ( paid for ) scope hopefully not long after. One thing i am also going to get back into is imaging Uranus. I was getting some detail around 2016

Next year its slightly higher than now. Already plus 50 degrees

Amazing Uranus. I am really looking forward to your captures with the new setup!

Just now, Kon said:

Amazing Uranus. I am really looking forward to your captures with the new setup!

Thanks for the interest kon. Its great to talk with people that actually care about lunar and planetary imaging. For me it was the only positive out of a whole lot of negative things, about the pandemic. I think astronomy saved my sanity. Weather is stopping play at the moment. Lets hope it clears soon

Thanks again Kon

35 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Thanks for the interest kon. Its great to talk with people that actually care about lunar and planetary imaging. For me it was the only positive out of a whole lot of negative things, about the pandemic. I think astronomy saved my sanity. Weather is stopping play at the moment. Lets hope it clears soon

Thanks again Kon

It was during the pandemic that I got my first telescope and you are right that it brings calmness and sanity. It's the reason I love the visual aspect as well, just me and the eyepiece, no technology. Picking planetary imaging, I have neglected lunar over the summer, has brought a new dimension to the hobby. SGL has also been great with constructive criticism, never nasty, and tips. So many great people with similar interests.

Yes weather is pants these days but we can only hope.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Wow Neil, I've only just seen this, absolutely superb detail. I'm estimating down to <2km comparing with LROC quickmap....👏

Cheers Geof it did surprise me too. Its pin sharp on the floor which is helping the resolution. So, wouldn't be surprised on your estimation. Was quite pleased how it scrubbed up. Only took me 6 years to try. (that's true) I deleted most of the stuff. As i didn't have a portable drive to store all of it

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1