SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

got this for a song

Hi all ,got this wee scope and an eq5 pro for £250 ... So it has Barlow's and the 66mm field flattener / reducer 0.8  and a few EPs and Barlow's also has some strange panoramic clamps .. do I need a decent astro camera or will my old 1200d cannon be good enough (I have the t ring for it and Various extension pieces

Screenshot_2022-11-05-11-45-34-118_org.mozilla.firefox~2.jpg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, davehowat said:

Hi all ,got this wee scope and an eq5 pro for £250 ... So it has Barlow's and the 66mm field flattener / reducer 0.8  and a few EPs and Barlow's also has some strange panoramic clamps .. do I need a decent astro camera or will my old 1200d cannon be good enough (I have the t ring for it and Various extension pieces

Hi. So YOU are the guy who stole this from me!!?? LOL. You bought this with a SW EQ5 GoTo Mount a couple days ago from a person up in Scotland!? I was actually planning to buy it, but didn't have the money until I got my wages yesterday, and the person selling told me another person was travelling to see it and likely buy it, but they'd sell it to me if the other bloke didn't show up! I was absolutely GUTTED!! It was all practically brand new!! You got an absolute BARGAIN!!! I'll still be hurting over this in years to come!! LOL.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Philip R said:

That’s a nice little ‘scope.

I would like one of these...

post-4682-0-76924900-1411828508.jpg

the William Optics/Ferrari ‘Zenithstar’... and in red!

I know what you’re all thinking... “Keep on dreaming!”

Goodness me!!?? That's like a fine work of Art!!?? Just gorgeous!! How / where did you find this ?? 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, wesdon1 said:

Goodness me!!?? That's like a fine work of Art!!?? Just gorgeous!! How / where did you find this ?? 

Several years ago. I was looking for another ‘scope to compliment my TeleVue Ranger. Only 500 units were made. I got a ‘de-forked’ Meade ETX105 instead.

Edited by Philip R
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, wesdon1 said:

Hi. So YOU are the guy who stole this from me!!?? LOL. You bought this with a SW EQ5 GoTo Mount a couple days ago from a person up in Scotland!? I was actually planning to buy it, but didn't have the money until I got my wages yesterday, and the person selling told me another person was travelling to see it and likely buy it, but they'd sell it to me if the other bloke didn't show up! I was absolutely GUTTED!! It was all practically brand new!! You got an absolute BARGAIN!!! I'll still be hurting over this in years to come!! LOL.

I'm him ,the guy was fab ,,got power tank etc as well .he just gave it all up

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wesdon1 said:

Forgive me please, this is totally off topic, but how do I setup my posts so my astro-gear is always listed at bottom of my posts, like other peoples are on here ? 

Thanks, Wes.

Click your profile name then select Account Settings. On the left side, click 'Signature' and you can add text into the dialogue box.

Edit: fixing the usual terrible grammar/spelling :)

Edited by Prador
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, wesdon1 said:

Forgive me please, this is totally off topic, but how do I setup my posts so my astro-gear is always listed at bottom of my posts, like other peoples are on here ? 

Thanks, Wes.

Click on you avatar/profile picture or name... go to Account settings then go to Overview then Signature is in that menu. You may find it easier to do it on the desktop/laptop version of SGL than on a phone/tablet.

Edited by Philip R
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, davehowat said:

I'm him ,the guy was fab ,,got power tank etc as well .he just gave it all up

Wow! You really did clean up there didn't you!? I was actually going to pay the guy £375, because I felt a bit guilty taking all that gear off him for such little money, because the SW EQ5 mount is around £600-700 new, and the WO Doublet APO has to be worth a few hundred too!? never mind! Fair play to you sir, you did very well! 

5 minutes ago, Prador said:

Click you profile name then select Account Settings. On the left side you can click 'Signature' and you can add text into the dialogue box.

Thanks so much for the help! I got tired of having to re-write all my gear in every post! LOL.

4 minutes ago, Philip R said:

Click on you avatar/profile picture or name... go to Account settings then go to Overview then Signature is in that menu. You may find it easier to do it on the desktop/laptop version of SGL than on a phone/tablet.

Thank You my friend! 

• Thanks 1

wesdon1 you're welcome!

1 hour ago, davehowat said:

What a deal! I would've got in my car and headed up the M5/M6 for deal like that. Really good to see it's gone to another enthusiast instead of a flipper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wesdon1 said:

I don't like to say it, but he who hesitates....  its at times like this you need a kind friend who can sub you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Prador said:

wesdon1 you're welcome!

What a deal! I would've got in my car and headed up the M5/M6 for deal like that. Really good to see it's gone to another enthusiast instead of a flipper.

agree 100%. My pain for losing out on this amazing deal is somewhat lessened knowing it went to someone who will really appreciate it and not just a flipper who's out to make money, as you rightly mentioned.

16 minutes ago, paulastro said:

I don't like to say it, but he who hesitates....  its at times like this you need a kind friend who can sub you.

very true! I did actually ask family for a favour, but to no avail. I knew in my heart that this unbelievable deal would be gone super quick! So gutted! I really really wanted it! LOL

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wesdon1 said:

very true! I did actually ask family for a favour, but to no avail. I knew in my heart that this unbelievable deal would be gone super quick! So gutted! I really really wanted it! LOL

I actually told the guy that if I upgrade and sell the stuff I would only take what I paid for it ,I  even asked if he was 100 percent sure . Have promised him that will send the pictures I take and if he wants to restart his journey then he can pay me back the money and can have the stuff  back .but I am very happy to keep it

• Like 1

On 05/11/2022 at 14:15, davehowat said:

I actually told the guy that if I upgrade and sell the stuff I would only take what I paid for it ,I  even asked if he was 100 percent sure . Have promised him that will send the pictures I take and if he wants to restart his journey then he can pay me back the money and can have the stuff  back .but I am very happy to keep it

Ahh that's very decent of you! You didn't have to do that, so it shows how decent a person you are. I was obviously sick to my stomach about missing out on it, but I am sincerely happy that it's gone to someone who will genuinely appreciate it! Please post some pics in future so I can see what you managed to image with it, thanks!