SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

No Astro Magazines in Tesco

tomato

During the weekly shop if it's Tesco's turn I spend 10 minutes browsing the astronomy magazines, they usually stock AN and SatN. However today, with the magazines being relocated to make way for Christmas stuff, they were nowhere to be seen. There were still plenty of motoring, hunting/shooting/fishing publications (very popular around these parts) but the astro titles have definitely not made the cut. Is this just peculiar to Shrewsbury, or is it Tesco's policy nationwide, I wonder?

• Sad 1

Maybe, but this is the first time I haven't seen a single copy of either title on display. The magazine aisle is only about 75% of normal size due to the relocation, so that's what made me think they have been a bit selective on what to offer over Christmas.

Interesting - I visit a couple different Tescos for the weekly shop and check the magazine section for these (or any other astro related material) every time but I've never seen anything like that for sale 😒. I have a subscription to S@N but like to get AN as well, which the newsagent takes care of 👍

Edited by OK Apricot

A fairly large Tesco I sometimes visit recently reshuffled their store a bit, shrinking the magazine and toy sections and expanding the clothes section. Since then, even before Christmas stuff had any impact, I've not seen S@N there. I think they have All About Space but that's not an astronomy magazine exactly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, allworlds said:

A fairly large Tesco I sometimes visit recently reshuffled their store a bit, shrinking the magazine and toy sections and expanding the clothes section. Since then, even before Christmas stuff had any impact, I've not seen S@N there. I think they have All About Space but that's not an astronomy magazine exactly.

Agreed! All About Space should be consigned to the nearest recycling centre.

Looking for astronomy magazines in branches of WHS too. I have not seen any.

• 2 weeks later...