Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 405 and IC 410 Hubble Palette (modified)

Rodd

Here’s a HaSHO version of these targets.  I switched to an oag for the SII and it was a big improvement.   First image is crop of IC 405.

FSQ 106 with 0.6x reducer and asi 1600

ha : 97 300 sec; OIII: 65 300 sec; SII 59 300 sec

AFB530E2-8E3E-4B30-AFCE-DEC638755349.thumb.jpeg.bbee019a87f022b97bd0f814777f7746.jpeg

FA8CB69D-CCC5-4665-9D34-78962D743BF0.thumb.jpeg.61f9357de4afcad98b3c15c4dda89403.jpeg

• Like 18

That's lovely. Great work.

9 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

This is much better as a NB target because the reds dominate completely in broadband

I agree, except for some cracking reflection nebulosity around the flaming that you can pick up in the blue channel if you tame that red a little.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Truly gorgeous with a subtle touch both on the brightnesses and the colour. This is much better as a NB target because the reds dominate completely in broadband.

Olly

Thanks Olly--I have always been attracted to broad band nebulae, though some I suppose don't have much to offer but red.  That was the trouble I had with the bicolor as well--too red (a pale, pasticy, pink if Ha is added as a luminance, and a blinding scarlet if it is not).   Narrowband is appealing in many respects.  Not the least of which it yields a pretty nice stand alone mono image in Ha if you capture enough.  After a drought of cloudy skies it can do wonders for the thirst.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shibby said:

I agree, except for some cracking reflection nebulosity around the flaming that you can pick up in the blue channel if you tame that red a little.

That is true--you can get a wisp of it in OIII if you collect a lot.  In places you can see remnants of it here.  You can never get the whole thing, of course, but some.