Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

GeneralisedHyperbolicStretch (GHS) Process Module for PixInsight

Dear fellow astrophotographers

Since our first release of the Generalised Hyperbolic Stretch script, there has been a huge uptake in its use, due to the control and flexibility provided by the unique equations and methodology.   We are grateful for the interest shown and the constructive feedback we have received.

We are now pleased to offer the GHS process module for PixInsight. This brings the benefits of the GHS equations, offered by the script, and integrates fully into the PixInsight environment, including the real-time preview and the readout functionality, as well as taking advantage of the performance improvements possible with compiled multi-threaded code.

Like the script, we are providing the new process free of charge. To obtain the GHS process module you only need to have the current ghsastro repository in your managed repositories list – the address is: https://www.ghsastro.co.uk/updates/.

Once downloaded, the GHS process will also be available as an External Scriptable Object making it easy to incorporate into your own PixInsight scripts.  Full updated documentation is available from within the module, describing its features and use.

We will continue to make the script available for download from the same repository address.  The script has been modified to take advantage of the new process where possible/available.

As ever, we welcome all comments and feedback.

Clear skies and happy stretching!

Mike Cranfield and Dave Payne

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Folks,

Mike did all the work in porting this over to a compiled process - Mike just used me as a guinea pig, but am I ever glad he did.   As a process,  I essentially keep GHS open all the time now - monitoring the histogram and often tweaking the stretch ( for example after HDRMT, or after LRGB combination, or after adding back in the stars, etc. etc.).    Thanks so much Mike for all your work.   I am loving the process/module version - and that's not stretching the truth!.

Dave